Journalist and columnist in the IT field. Website creator and administrator.
Ask an expert
When I try to connect to a remote computer from my PC, I get stuck on an “Initializing display parameters” screen. The program just freezes, how do I restore connection?
Let’s look at the most common causes of this issue and how to troubleshoot:
- Outdated version of TeamViewer.First, try updating the program on both PCs.Press the “Menu” button, and select “Check for new version”.If a newer build of the program is available for download, click the “Update” button and wait for the download to complete.
- Conflicting processes.TeamViewer may conflict with the BGInfo process.Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.When the task manager opens, go to the “Processes” tab, find BGInfo there,right-click on it and select “End task” from the menu.
- Remote control is disabled in your PC settings.On a Windows 10 device, go to Start => Settings => System => Remote Desktop.In the block on the right, turn the switch to the “on” position, click “Confirm”.After that, your PC can be controlled from a remote device.
- No Internet connection.Sometimes initialization of parameters is interrupted if communication between computers is lost.Check if both PCs are connected to the Internet.If there is no connection to the global network and you cannot fix the problem yourself, contact your ISP for help.
- Damaged program. If the files are corrupted, TeamViewer constantly freezes, In this case, you should remove the non-working program, then download and install the new version of TeamViewer.