TeamViewer is a first-class cross-platform software for remote access to computers and mobile devices. It can be used for online meetings, joint project, file transferring, tech support, and other tasks. Developers are constantly improving the program and making changes that affect the convenience of its work. One of these innovations is online access, that is, now you can log into another device through a web browser.
You can connect to a remote device without installing the full version of TeamViewer on your computer. Everything can be done via the Internet using a browser. However, a high-quality internet connection is a prerequisite. The browser version is suitable for both computers and mobile devices. The program works with different browsers and operating systems:
- Firefox (except for Firefox 96)
- Safari (15 or higher)
Features and functions
The online version of TeamViewer is as functional as the desktop version. By connecting through a browser to another device, the following functions will become available to you:
- Full control of the remote device;
- Removing and installing programs;
- File transfer and synchronization;
- Remote printing;
- Screen sharing;
- Creating and saving documents;
- Video recording;
- Organization of conferences with several participants;
- Communication through voice messages.
You can also get a number of additional functions by subscribing to the TeamViewer Web Connector service. But “subscribing” means a paid basis that provides you with premium conditions.
The main advantage of the browser version is that it does not need to be installed on a computer, but the developers still advise using the full-fledged stationary version, which provides more reliable and safe operation, as well as a wide range of options.
You can use the program without installation in another way: by using the Teamviewer Portable version of the program.
How to use the Web Client
To use it, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Management Console with your TeamViewer Account.
- Go to the Computers & Contacts tab.
- Select a device you want to connect to and click “Connect.”
- Select Web Client, when prompted, and click another “Connect” button.
- Enter your partner’s ID and click “Connect” again.
- Enter the password and click “Log on.”
How to enable the Web Client on Safari 15.1 (users of Safari 15.2 or later can ignore this section):
- Open Terminal and run the following command: launchctl setenv __XPC_JSC_useSharedArrayBuffer 1
- Quit Safari, then restart it.
- Perform these steps every time you restart your Mac.
After it’s been enabled, go to the Management console and so on (see above).
At any time you can:
- End the current session.
- Lock remote computer.
- Sign out.
- Reboot remote computer (including reboot in safe mode).
- Use hotkeys: Ctrl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.
- Use VoIP.
Change view (switch monitors, adjust scaling and display quality).