Immediately after the TeamViewer program appeared, it gained great popularity. With its help, various types of computer assistance, application settings and even file transfer are remotely carried out. Over time, the functionality of the application only grew, and it became easier to use it. If earlier, to access another computer, you had to remember its 10-digit ID and password, but now there is a convenient option named easy access, which we will cover in detail in this article.
What is unattended or easy access
Unattended access is an option thanks to which a remote computer can, without confirmation and entering a bunch of data, start a control session with another PC that is authorized under the same login and password.
This option of connecting to another computer is often used by system administrators and ordinary users in many situations, as it saves a lot of time and effort.
Advantages of easy access in TeamViewer
You can easily identify several main advantages of uncontrolled access compared to conventional access:
- Significant savings in connection time.
- The ability to connect to another computer without confirmation from the managed side.
- No need to launch the program manually when you turn on the computer, as it will start automatically at the operating system startup.
Setting up instructions step by step
Setting up unattended access yourself is not so difficult, especially if you do everything in the sequence described below.
Like all remote access programs, TeamViewer needs to be downloaded to your computer and installed. This must be done on both the managed PC and the host PC. To do this, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Download TeamViewer.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen tips.
After installing the program, you need to create a TeamViewer account:
- Launch the application.
- Click “Sign up” in the “Remote management” tab.
- Enter your email address, then check your inbox and confirm the registration using the link in the email.
One condition for remote control of a computer is their authorization through one account. The algorithm for both the managed and controlling PC is the same here:
- Open TeamViewer on both computers and click “Sign in” in the upper right corner.
- Enter the username and password for the account that was registered.
- Enter the desired computer name, which will later be indicated in the list available for connection. You don’t need to enter a password.
- Confirm the action with the corresponding button.
- A list of available computers should appear on the additional program panel, as well as several buttons below. Here you need to select the item “Add this computer”.
- The final step will be confirmation of adding a PC to the account using a link that is sent automatically with a letter to the email address of the account.
Activating easy access
All the steps below need to be performed only on the computer to which you will connect in the future:
- Launch TeamViewer and open the “Remote Control” tab.
- In the “Unattended Access” section tick both checkboxes: Start TeamViewer with Windows & Grant easy access.
Now you can remotely control this device from the “Computers & Contacts” tab. It will be in the contact list.